Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunburst '09 (2)

I was almost dreading the concert because of the scorching afternoon sun but much to my suprise the weather was beautiful at the concert site. &ONLY the concert site. The sun was up and shining but the whole place was sort of shaded. There was a thoughtfully placed hill to block the sun. haha.

Pictures in chronological order:
Gorgeous








So was it worth it? well, despite all the Korn hype, I would have to say that N.E.R.D. were the better live band. They gave a 100%, where else I personally felt Korn were predictable and self-absorbed, which i guess did do them justice in terms of delivering their genre of music, which was very overwhelming.

2 comments:

magmachilli said...

N.E.R.D. better than KoRn? LOL. Looks like a good gig...

Matthew Bryan Chong said...

yea, NERD was really really good, seriously. they're not your typical hip-hop group. there's alot of punk rock fusion and they encourage mosh pits and crowd surfing! also, thinking about it i'm a bigger hip hop fan of NERD than a metal fan of Korn, in comparison to all the other metal bands i listen to. in other words, my fav. Hip hop vs. my 25th fav metal band. hahaha.